Jan. 8, 2020, 9:32 p.m. by Giuliana
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT DOES THE COURSE COVER?
The training includes the following:1.
Regular Vinyasa Flow group practices
led by Lead Trainers and guest teachers2.
Extensive Asana (Pose) Analysis
- including progressions, alternatives and modifications3. The History and Philosophy of Yoga
- including the Sutras and 8-Limb Path4. Experiential Anatomy
- including principles of alignment, movement fundamentals & biomechanics5. Subtle and Energetic Anatomy6. Pranayama, Meditation, Chanting, Mudras and Mantra7. Teaching Methodology
- skills and techniques for teaching creatively, accurately, safely and inclusively to open level group classes8. Creative class-planning techniques9.
Modules in the principles, practice and teaching of Yin, Restorative, Pre- and Post-natal Yoga10.
Thorough guidance on Assisting Techniques
- offering both verbal and hands-on adjustments- and how to offer sensitive and appropriate touch for assisting<11. Teaching Practice
– developed in manageable increments of ‘live’ teaching time towards teaching a full 60-minute Vinyasa Flow class12.
The course requires some home study
- including reading, journaling, preparing, observing and attending classesWeaving together all of these components inspires you to develop your unique, creative teaching voice whilst building on a solid, rich, and well-informed teaching methodology.
HOW MUCH IS THE COURSE?
Our course is £3350.
To secure your place after successful application, we require a non-refundable deposit of £750.
You have the option to pay in 4 instalments of £650 after the initial deposit.Please note: price includes tuition and accommodation (shared rooms) and full-board during the 5-day learning retreat at House of Light Retreat Center in Spain. It is NOT inclusive of flights to Spain and local transfers. For more details see next question.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE PRICE?
The course fees include group tuition, individual and group feedback and mentoring, course manuals, handouts, assessments, certificate, a “TRIPYOGA PASSPORT” that will include participation in 20 classes and observation of 3 classes at TRIPYOGA, AND full boards and twin shared accommodation at the beautiful House of Light retreat centre.
Additional budget required for:
1. Travel and transfers for the 5 days abroad as part of the intensive learning retreat (Spain)
2. Purchase of a few key texts from the recommended reading list (many used copies of books are available online for just a few pence or can be obtained through good libraries)
3. Personal Liability insurance for when you begin to teach. The prices vary according to insurer but average around £100 per annum for a reasonable cover policyWe strongly advise that before/ during or soon after completing the course trainees gain First Aid certification
WHAT ARE THE GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS?Qualification requires:
- Attendance of ALL modules
-Successfully passing the final assessment. This requires teaching a 60-minute Vinyasa Flow class to your peers. This is observed and assessed by the course Lead Trainers
-Maintaining a regular yoga practice
-Observing and recording notes for 3 classes with different teachers at TRIPYOGA (included in TRIPYOGA PASSPORT)
-Attending (and logging) 20 classes at a studio of preference (NB: classes at TRIP are included in the TRIPYOGA PASSPORT)
WILL I GET FIRST HAND TEACHING EXPERIENCE?
There are plenty of teaching opportunities throughout the course. The standards of the training are high but we wish the learning process to be enjoyable and empowering and to bring the very best out of each one of our trainees.
Beginning early in the course with 1-2-1 peer teaching of a single pose, we progress in manageable increments of practice-teaching time until the final assessment where you will teach a small group of peers in a 60-min Vinyasa Flow class.
The Lead Trainers, Amanda and Roberto, support and guide you throughout with plenty of opportunity for you to ask questions, experiment and receive feedback so that by the final assessment you are prepared, confident and teaching in the class scenario that will enable you to step straight into professional teaching after your graduation.
WHERE DOES THE COURSE TAKE PLACE?
The London-based part of the course takes place at TRIPYOGA studio (part of TRIPSPACE PROJECTS), in the heart of East London (Haggerston, Hackney) in a beautifully converted railway arch beside the enchanting Regent's Canal.
Address: Arch 339. Acton Mews, E8 4EA, Haggerston, London
Nearest Tube: Haggerston Overground Station (Studio is 2 minute walk from station) or Liverpool Street Underground/Mainline Station
Bus: 149-242-243-67 (alighting on Kingsland Road)
The last part of the course will take place as a 5-day intensive learning retreat at House of Light Retreat Centre
, Bayacas, Orgiva, South of Spain.
Accommodation is shared in charmingly decorated twin rooms and yurt rooms.
The center provides delicious vegetarian menus which will be designed to suit our group. All the ingredients are either grown in the centre’s gardens or carefully sourced from local farmers. All dietary requirements can be catered for.
Practice and learning takes place either in the centre’s indoor studio with views both to the mountains and sea or in the large mongolian yurt in the garden surrounded by olive trees.
The center has beautiful gardens, spaces for contemplation and a saltwater swimming pool.... House of Light is the perfect setting to allow us to dig deeper into learning, supporting us through to assessments, and celebrating course completion.
WHAT IF I CAN'T MAKE ALL THE LESSONS?
You will be expected to attend 100% of the course in order to satisfy TRIPYOGA’s graduation requirements and to meet the Yoga Alliance standards.
In the unlikely event that you might miss a module, you will be asked to take it privately at a cost of: £100/hour.
This can be shared between multiple students if applicable.